I was really sad when Amy Winehouse died, not because I knew her personally, or even followed her life story of being in the trouble that is addiction, but because we lost a great artist. I felt I had to mention it since I'm listening to a long playlist of her music...
I was also sad when she died because that's another person who shall remain 27 forever, frozen in time, never moving forward. And things like that scare me. Stuck in the capsual of time and being someones faded memory from 30 years back. I don't want to be that, ever. I hate to think of the world losing talented people like Amy because of drug addictions.
And whilst we are discussing tradgic deaths of famous 27 year olds, I'd like to mention Jeff Buckley, because he still remains one of my favourite artists, and it makes me so sad to think he'd take his own life like that. From these deaths, we all lost a whole lot of precious talent.
No comments:
Post a Comment